Position posted: April 15, 2019
Closing date for applications: April 26, 2019
Job Title: Food Industry Account Manager
Location: Tallaght, Dublin
Salary: Dependent upon experience and skills
Contract Period: Permanent Position
FoodCloud (CHY21177) and FoodCloud Hubs (CHY20558) are joint, fast-growing Dublin based social enterprises that have a vision for a world where no good food goes to waste. Currently, 30% of food produced for human consumption is lost or wasted across the global food system. If food waste were a country, it would be the third largest emitter of greenhouse gas emissions, after the US and China. In Ireland, we waste one million tonnes of food annually and one in eight people do not have enough to eat. FoodCloud and FoodCloud Hubs are passionate that access to food is a fundamental human right, and when we see the scale of waste in Ireland and internationally, it is an obvious environment, social and economic business problem to tackle.
FoodCloud and FoodCloud Hubs work with businesses across the food industry to develop practical solutions to get food to people in need. FoodCloud uses innovative technology to connect supermarkets directly to charities in their local community and currently there are over 3,500 supermarkets donating to 8,000 charities across the UK and Ireland through the FoodCloud platform. FoodCloud Hubs connects food businesses with surplus food to charities across Ireland through three warehouses in Dublin, Galway and Cork. The equivalent of over 1.5 million meals are being rescued every month through both services.
About The Role:
As an Account Manager, you will perform a vital role working for our joint organizations, FoodCloud and FoodCloud Hubs. This is an exciting opportunity for an exceptional individual to support FoodCloud’s and FoodCloud Hubs’ growth and engagement with the Food Industry in Ireland. The ideal candidate has industry knowledge, customer management experience, and is driven to develop lasting relationships with food businesses. to Developing these relationships will enable FoodCloud and FoodCloud Hubs to tackle food waste whilst delivering measurable social, environmental and economic benefit. The ideal candidate for this role will operate as the lead point of contact between FoodCloud and representatives from the food industry. A primary focus of this role will be to engage food businesses to secure partnership, support donor onboarding by establishing a donation process that works within the donor’s current operations, and encouraging to donate on an ongoing basis. This role is key to creating a more sustainable Irish food industry and creating social good nationally.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Foster relationships with food industry partners including producers, manufacturers, importers, retailers and food service actors
- Continuously streamline the surplus food donation process, ensuring the process is straightforward and allows these partners to easily maximise the volume of surplus food that is regularly redistributed
- Manage and maintain a large number of relationships with large and small partners
- Manage partner and related stakeholder needs
- Coordinate with the wider FoodCloud team and other stakeholders to deliver a service for our partners and maximise the impact for the charities FoodCloud support
- Understand the needs of our charity stakeholders and work as part of a team to deliver the food that they need from our partners
- Represent FoodCloud on customer calls and meetings
- Support the design, development and implementation of redistribution services or specific projects with an industry partners
- Highlight new opportunities to work with the food industry and maximise what can be rescued for human consumption
- Develop comprehensive plans for each partner, deliver benefit targets for them and charities
- Develop, forecast and deliver targets on relationships, service KPIs and overall impact
- Represent FoodCloud at events
- Outstanding written, oral, and client-facing communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, time management, organizational skills, and project management skills, with the ability to balance multiple account management projects at one time
- Attention to detail
- Capability to manage coordination of tasks across cross-functional teams and ensure deadlines are met
- Experience and knowledge of the food industry in Ireland or related markets
- Proven experience of customer account management (ideally in the food sector)
- Experience preparing pitches and presentations for customers
- Experience building a pipeline and managing and converting leads
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Full, clean Irish driver’s license required
3+ years’ experience in a customer or account management role in the food industry or related field.
You will be required to get involved in supporting all aspects in the development of the organisation, which may include ad hoc projects and events. This role will require frequent travel to our locations in Cork and Galway and to food industry partners. A commitment to the values of FoodCloud and knowledge of environmental/food/climate change issues.
Position: Full-time. Normal working hours are Monday through Friday 9.00 am to 5.30 pm however, business needs may require occasional work outside of these hours.
Location: Tallaght, Dublin 24
Timeline & Process:
The role will begin with immediate effect. To apply for this role, please send your CV with a short cover letter (one page maximum) to [email protected] explaining why you think you are suitable for the role. Closing date for applications: 5 pm on Friday 26th April, 2019.