Position posted August 11 2019
Job title: Food Rescue Driver – part time evenings
Reporting to: Logistics Coordinator
Location: FoodCloud, Broomhill Road, Tallaght, Dublin 24
Salary: Dependent upon skills and experience
Contract Period: One year contract, 15 hours per week
The key duties of this role are: daily collection and delivery of surplus food from retailers and food business partners to local charity and community groups. This is a customer facing position that consists of loading vehicles, route planning, vehicle checks, and directing volunteers. This is an exciting opportunity to join and support the growth of a proven organisation that has already made real community, environmental, and business impact.
FoodCloud (CHY21177) is a national charity fighting food poverty by tackling food waste. We source food that is surplus to requirements – from food retailers and manufacturers – and redistribute this to local charities and community groups who provide meals to vulnerable people (individuals who are homeless, unemployed, socially isolated, recovering from addictions).
Dublin redistribution hub
Our hub in Dublin works to serve Charities and Community Food Members (CFMs) in the Leinster area. The hub is open Monday to Friday, between 8.30am and 6pm to receive deliveries from various food companies, producers and retailers and redistribute this food to CFMs in the most efficient way possible. This is implemented by the hub supervisor and his team and with the help of volunteers.
- Job based from FoodCloud Hubs, Broomhill Road, Tallaght, Dublin 24 at this location
- Part time: 15 hours weekly
- Normal working hours will be between 7pm and 10pm, but may include working hours at weekends and seasonal support in the warehouse, depending on demand.
- Jobholder must hold or be willing to gain Level 1 in Food Safety for Catering
- Jobholder must hold a clean full clean Irish category B driving license
- Positive attitude and willingness to develop new skills
- At least two years’ experience of working in food distribution
- Driving experience: full clean driver’s license; automatic van
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Experience of working in a highly regulated environment
- Experience with multi-drop deliveries / collections
- Experience in optimising route planning
Applicants must be:
- Willing to train and operate our WMS software system
- Willing to train to the required recognised Food Safety and Health and Safety qualifications
- Willing to adapt and assist with the daily workload in the warehouse
- Day to day compliance with issues including food hygiene, health and safety and security of the van and the safety and well-being of all van staff and volunteers
- Maintain good relations and communications with food suppliers and community member recipient projects
- Working with the hub supervisor to develop new operational/logistic activity and lead on implementation of these procedures
- Working with the volunteer coordinator to support implementation of our volunteer program
- Load and unload vehicles, and distribute products to charities on a daily basis
- To ensure that the vehicles used by the hub are inspected, maintained, roadworthy and legal (taxed and insured etc)
- Other duties as required per business needs
Health & Safety and Food Hygiene
- Be responsible for the Health and Safety of yourself and others around you
- To be compliant with all FoodCloud Hubs policies and procedures and to industry standards as required by food donors and regulators
- Comply with monitoring and regulation systems as required fr the organisation’s activities and report on these regularly to the Hubs Supervisor
Timeline and process:
The role will begin with immediate effect. To apply for this role, please email CV’s with one page cover letter explaining why you think you are suitable for the role to [email protected] by the closing date 5pm Monday, August 26, 2019.