Position posted: September 16, 2019
Closing date for applications: September 30, 2019
Job Title: Software Developer
Location: Tallaght, Dublin
Reporting to: Engineering Manager
Contract Period: Permanent Position
FoodCloud (CHY21177) is a fast-growing Dublin based social enterprise that have a vision for a world where no good food goes to waste. 30% of food produced for human consumption is lost or wasted across the global food system. If food waste were a country, it would be the third largest emitter of greenhouse gas emissions, after the US and China. In Ireland, we waste one million tonnes of food annually and one in eight people do not have enough to eat.
FoodCloud uses innovative technology to connect supermarkets directly to charities in their local community and currently there are over 3,200 supermarkets donating to 8,000 charities across the UK and Ireland through the FoodCloud platform. FoodCloud Hubs connects food businesses with large volumes of surplus food to charities across Ireland through three warehouses in Dublin, Galway and Cork. The equivalent of over 1.5 million meals are being rescued every month through both services.
About The Role:
This is an exciting opportunity to join and support the growth of a proven organization that has already made real community, environmental, and business impact.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement high quality code in an agile environment and with a focus on high test coverage.
- Working closely with the development team to ensure that all facets of the platform are cohesive and interact smoothly (database, reporting, mobile applications, user interface) and to help assign the best team member for development of each story sub-task.
- Work closely with the Product Manager to ensure that the build reflects requirements.
- Work in a way that promotes development standards, review, and documentation of procedures is followed.
- Detailing the specifications of how features, improvements, and user requirements will be built so that they fulfill business needs, including architectural design and development documentation.
- Work with the Technology Management Team (Engineering Manager and Program Manager) to understand the development roadmap and prioritization of changing business needs and ensure that development is in line with this guideline.
- Contribute your input to the specification and accurate estimation of stories and deliver shippable iterations, or the best of your ability.
- Taking on administrative role for platform and development tool access and management.
- Work with Technology Management Team and Software Tester to manage platform releases that follow deployment guidelines.
- Affecting product recovery and fixes in line with the customer service level agreement.
- Full-stack developer- front and back end using Angular, CICD using Docker/Jenkins.
- Building reactive applications in PHP on Laravel Framework.
- AWS cloud infrastructure
- Understand API design
- Knowledge of JS front-end development
- Experience with Android and iOS (preferred) would be a bonus
- Database admin
- Knowledge of Jira and Confluence
2+ years experience in a software developer role required. A bachelor’s degree in computer science or similar is required.
Experience as a software developer in a busy, dynamic, and agile focused environment and previous experience in an SME preferable.
FoodCloud is a small organisation with big ambitions! You will be required to get involved in supporting all aspects in the development of the organisation, which may include ad hoc projects and events.
A commitment to the values of FoodCloud and knowledge of environmental/food/climate change issues.
Position: Full-time. Normal working hours are Monday through Friday 9.00 am to 5.30 pm however, business needs may require occasional work outside of these hours.
On-call technical support shifts will be required.
Location: Tallaght, Dublin 24
Timeline: The role will begin with immediate effect. To apply for this role, please send your CV with a short cover letter (one page maximum) to [email protected] explaining why you think you are suitable for the role. Closing date for applications: 5pm on Monday 30th September 2019.