Position posted: August 29, 2019
Closing date for applications: September 13, 2019
Job Title: Senior Partner Manager (International)
Location: Tallaght, Dublin/United Kingdom
Reporting to: International Partnerships Director
Salary: Dependent upon experience and skills
Contract Period: Indefinite Duration
FoodCloud (CHY21177) is a fast-growing Dublin based social enterprise with a vision for a world where no good food goes to waste. 30% of food produced for human consumption is lost or wasted across the global food system. If food waste were a country, it would be the third largest emitter of greenhouse gas emissions, after the US and China. In Ireland, we waste one million tonnes of food annually and one in eight people do not have enough to eat.
FoodCloud uses innovative technology to connect supermarkets directly to charities in their local community and there are currently over 3,500 supermarkets donating to 8,000 charities across the UK and Ireland through the FoodCloud virtual food bank platform. FoodCloud’s direct distribution connects food businesses with large volumes of surplus food to charities across Ireland through three warehouses in Dublin, Galway and Cork. The equivalent of over one million meals is being rescued every month through the service.
About The Role:
This is an exciting opportunity to join and support the growth of a proven organization that has already made real community, environmental, and business impact. This role will be pivotal to the next stage of FoodCloud’s growth and will support its international expansion by engaging new partners and managing partner relationships outside of Ireland.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the International Partnership Director to create and deliver FoodCloud’s international strategy
- Prepare documents, proposals, and presentations.
- Manage, organize and track progress on internal and customer projects, proactively ensure that projects are completed, manage risks and work to ensure teams are aligned and understand how to achieve their goals
- Represent FoodCloud on customer calls and meetings.
- Manage and understand customer and stakeholder needs and expectations. A key element of this role is to be solution-focused; anticipate issues, be proactive and find solutions that work for the client.
- Support FoodCloud in engaging with new partners.
- This role will require significant engagement with FoodClouds Food Bank partners and customers in the food sector to understand their user requirements around using our technology, enthusiasm to understand new systems, and ability to understand technical requirements will be key.
- Provide reporting and insights to support projects, customers and organisational development as required
- Develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with other teams in order to ensure customer delivery, e.g. technology and marketing. Support and promote customer needs among team. Act as point of contact for customers’ for feedback, and escalate concerns where required.
- Constantly working to improve FoodCloud’s service:
- Identify new opportunities to improve the FoodCloud service and processes.
- Work with FoodCloud’s in-house technology team to plan, develop, test and implement new features and improvements.
- Other duties as required per business needs
- Constantly working to improve FoodCloud’s service:
Significant International travel will be required, which will entail splitting your time between the United Kingdom and Ireland during the first year, this may require over 50% of your time in the UK during the first three to four months of employment. As FoodCloud is expanding globally, travel to additional European and global locations may be required.
- The successful candidate must be a self-starter and will have the ability to take ownership, even in ambiguous situations
- A proactive approach to problem-solving is essential; the successful candidate will be required to formulate functional solutions to broad organisational challenges.
- Outstanding written, oral, and client-facing communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, time management, organizational skills, project management skills, and the ability to create good working partnerships with multiple stakeholders, both internally and externally
- Ability to recognise and address high priorities and when necessary link these elements to overall strategy
- Capability to work autonomously to manage delegation of tasks to cross-functional teams and ensure deadlines are met.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite; Excel proficiency is essential.
- The successful candidate will be able to accurately and effectively analyse and interrogate data to inform business decisions and advise clients.
- Experience in strategic planning and risk management
- Problem-solving skills and the ability to make effective decisions ‘on the spot’
- IT literacy and experience working on IT projects
- Data-driven and metrics focused
- Ability to manage multiple work-streams
- 5+ years’ experience in a senior account management or business management role with diverse external stakeholders.
- Experience managing a team or working across multiple teams where you influenced those who did not report to you.
Position: Full-time. Normal working hours are Monday through Friday 9.00 am to 5.30 pm however, business needs may require occasional work outside of these hours.
FoodCloud is a small organisation with big ambitions! You will be required to get involved in supporting all aspects in the development of the organisation, which may include ad hoc projects and events.
This role will require significant travel to partners and potential partners in various European and global locations.
A commitment to the values of FoodCloud and knowledge of environmental/food/climate change issues and occasional international travel will be required.
Timeline & Process:
The role will begin with immediate effect. To apply for this role, please send your CV with a short cover letter (one page maximum) to [email protected] explaining why you think you are suitable for the role. Closing date for applications: 5pm on Friday 13th September 2019.