Position posted: March 28, 2019
Closing date for applications: April 15, 2019
Job Title: Support Specialist
Location: Tallaght, Dublin
Reporting to: Customer Support Manager
Contract Period: Fixed Term, 1 year contract
FoodCloud (CHY21177) is a fast-growing Dublin based social enterprise that have a vision for a world where no good food goes to waste. 30% of food produced for human consumption is lost or wasted across the global food system. If food waste were a country, it would be the third largest emitter of greenhouse gas emissions, after the US and China. In Ireland, we waste one million tonnes of food annually and one in eight people do not have enough to eat.
FoodCloud uses innovative technology to connect supermarkets directly to charities in their local community and currently there are over 3,200 supermarkets donating to 8,000 charities across the UK and Ireland through the FoodCloud platform. FoodCloud Hubs connects food businesses with large volumes of surplus food to charities across Ireland through three warehouses in Dublin, Galway and Cork. The equivalent of over 1.5 million meals are being rescued every month through both services.
As a Support Specialist, you will perform a vital role working for our joint organizations, FoodCloud and FoodCloud Hubs. Support Specialists work in our high volume call center providing excellent customer service for our various customers from retail businesses to charities. This role contributes to facilitating the movement of surplus food from FoodCloud and our business partners to charities and community organisations, and resolving any relating queries. The ideal candidate to be focused and dedicated, but the role is quite rewarding as well.
Key Tasks and Skills:
- Action a high volume of Inbound and Outbound calls (previous call center experience a plus)
- Tracking all calls and follow-up tasks
- Contacting charities to allocate surplus food, arranging collection or delivery, and processing orders in our Warehouse Management System
- Review orders with the Hubs Supervisor daily
- Occasionally assist the Hubs Supervisor with warehouse administration duties
- Managing email correspondence related to customer queries
- Responding and resolving customer queries within the SLA
- Provide a great customer experience
- Gathering and updating charity and store schedules and information
- Strong attention to detail and focus on quality work and customer interaction
- Excellent telephone manner a must
- Proactive approach to dealing with queries
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Comfortable with Microsoft Excel and Word or Google Suite
- Additional duties per business needs
This is a 1 year Contract. Working hours are a maximum 37.5 hours per week (full time). Flexible working will be required. All shifts will be communicated and agreed on 2 weeks prior with your line manager. The morning shifts begin as early as 8 am, the afternoon shifts end as late as 9:30 pm, Monday through Sunday. The successful candidate will be based in FoodCloud’s Tallaght and Grand Canal Dock Offices.
FoodCloud is a small organisation with big ambitions! You will be required to get involved in supporting all aspects in the development of the organisation, which may include ad hoc projects and events.
A commitment to the values of FoodCloud and knowledge of environmental/food/climate change issues.
Tallaght, Dublin 24
Grand Canal Dock, Dublin 2
Timeline & Process:
The role will begin with immediate effect. To apply for this role, please send your CV with a short cover letter (one page maximum) to [email protected] explaining why you think you are suitable for the role. Closing date for applications: 5 pm on Monday 15th April 2019.