Job Title: Technical Support Specialist
Location: Tallaght, Dublin
Reporting to: CTO
Salary: Dependent upon experience and skills
Contract Period: 1 Year Contract
FoodCloud (CHY21177) is a fast-growing Dublin based social enterprise that have a vision for a world where no good food goes to waste. 30% of food produced for human consumption is lost or wasted across the global food system. If food waste were a country, it would be the third largest emitter of greenhouse gas emissions, after the US and China. In Ireland, we waste one million tonnes of food annually and one in eight people do not have enough to eat.
FoodCloud uses innovative technology to connect supermarkets directly to charities in their local community and currently there are over 3,200 supermarkets donating to 8,000 charities across the UK and Ireland through the FoodCloud platform. FoodCloud Hubs connects food businesses with large volumes of surplus food to charities across Ireland through three warehouses in Dublin, Galway and Cork. The equivalent of over 1.5 million meals are being rescued every month through both services.
About The Role:
FoodCloud is seeking to recruit an experienced Technical Support Specialist to work collaboratively with software engineering to deploy and operate our systems, automate and streamline our operations process, build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring, and operations, and troubleshoot and resolve issues in our development, test, and production environments.
Reporting to the CTO, the ideal candidate will have a background in technical support or development operations, system or database administration, an interest in eliminating food waste, and proven experience with automation and configuration management.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Uploading new charities and donors to our in-house platform, and creating ways of automating this process
- Creating charity accounts and encrypted passwords for the platform and app
- Working closely with the support team to investigate and resolve system issues and bugs
- System Admin (running scripts to update donor and charity information in the database)
- Proactive technical support (occasionally work as an escalated member of the support team to better understand support operations and assist clients with difficult technical queries)
- Develop tools and scripts to automate the deployment, administration, and monitoring of the platform
- Collaborate with the tech and support teams to streamline and document processes
- Continually improve technical support and admin processes
- Knowledge of technical support and admin best practices
- Additional duties per business needs
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- At least 2+ years of Technical Support experience
- Working knowledge of scripting languages, Java or Scala (preferred)
- Experience with automation and configuration management
- SQL proficiency and experience with databases (Postgres)
- Experience with cloud computing (AWS/Heroku)
- Ability to evaluate system and application logs to quickly identify and solve production problems
- Jira and Confluence experience
- Ability to automate processes
- Ability to create and maintain current documentation on processes
Position: Full-time. Normal working hours are Monday through Friday 9.00 am to 5.30 pm
Location: Tallaght, Dublin 24
Timeline and Process:
Please, send in a CV and cover letter (max one page) to [email protected] explaining how you meet the requirements for this position.
Closing date for applications: 5pm on Monday 25th June 2018.