Job Title: Event Coordinator
Location: Tallaght, Dublin
Reporting to: Head of Communications
Salary: Dependent upon experience and skills
Contract Period: 12 Month Contract
FoodCloud (CHY21177) is a fast-growing Dublin based social enterprise with a vision for a world where no good food goes to waste. 30% of food produced for human consumption is lost or wasted across the global food system. If food waste were a country, it would be the third largest emitter of greenhouse gas emissions, after the US and China. In Ireland, we waste one million tonnes of food annually and one in eight people do not have enough to eat.
FoodCloud uses innovative technology to connect supermarkets directly to charities in their local community and there are currently over 3,500 supermarkets donating to 7,500 charities across the UK and Ireland through the FoodCloud virtual foodbank platform. FoodCloud’s direct distribution connects food businesses with large volumes of surplus food to charities across Ireland through three warehouses in Dublin, Galway and Cork. The equivalent of over one million meals is being rescued every month through the service.
About the Role:
FoodCloud is seeking an experienced event manager to organise and oversee FoodCloud’s Surplus to Spectacular series of events throughout 2020. This role will be part of the FoodCloud Communications team and report to the Head of Communications.
This Surplus to Spectacular project involves the creation of a series of pop-up dining events hosted by FoodCloud, with the objective of inspiring communities across Ireland to take action regarding food waste.
The ideal candidate for this role will demonstrate exceptional event and organization abilities, superb interpersonal skills, multi-tasking skills, and excellent time-management.
This role will involve travel across Ireland, therefore a full, clean driving license is a requirement.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan events from start to finish according to requirements, target audience and objectives
- Creative thinking around suggestions to enhance the event’s success
- Prepare budgets and ensure adherence
- Source and negotiate with vendors and suppliers
- Manage staffing/hiring personnel (DJs, waiters etc.)
- Coordinate all operations on event days
- Lead promotional activities for the event, including social media marketing
- Supervise staff (event coordinators, caterers etc.) on day of event
- Approve all aspects before the day of the event
- Ensure event is completed smoothly and step up to resolve any problems that might occur
- Analyze the event’s success and prepare reports.
- Experience working with a PR partner is preferable.
- Proven experience as event manager
- Skilled in project management
- Knowledge of KPIs and marketing techniques for event management
- Excellent organisation skills, especially in Google Drive suite
- MailChimp, EventBrite and social media event marketing experience
- Outstanding communication and negotiation ability
- Excellent organizational skills
- Customer-service orientation
- A team player with leadership skills
- Non-profit or charity experience preferred
- Food industry/food service experience
- Knowledge of Irish food safety guidelines/HACCP
- Experience planning large-scale events
General: FoodCloud is a small organisation with big ambitions! You will be required to get involved in supporting all aspects in the development of the organisation, which may include ad hoc projects and events. A commitment to the values of FoodCloud and knowledge of environmental/food/climate change issues.
Position: Full-time, contract position. This role will require frequent travel around Ireland outside of regular working hours. Full, clean driving license and access to your own vehicle required.
Location: Tallaght, Dublin 24
Timeline: The role will begin with immediate effect. To apply for this role, please send your CV with a short cover letter (one page maximum) to [email protected] explaining why you think you are suitable for the role. Closing date for applications: 5pm on Wednesday 11th December 2019.