November 22, 2021
Donal Skehan's Chicken and Halloumi Sandwich with Lettuce, Peppers, and Caramelised Onion
- Chicken Fillets
- Chili flakes
- Mixed herbs
- Baby Gem lettuce
- Sourdough Loaf
- 1 Onion
- Salt and pepper
- Season the chicken with cumin, mixed herbs, salt, and pepper.
- Slice an onion and peppers
- Heat the pan on medium-high heat and toss the chopped onion and peppers evenly over the pan, stirring occasionally. After about 20-30 minutes, lower the temperature or take off the heat if browned.
- Heat a separate frying pan over medium-high heat with oil, and fry the chicken for 3-4 minutes on each side or until cooked. Remove from heat.
- While the chicken is cooling, spread mayonnaise on the bread and place in a dry flying pan, mayonnaise side down, for 30 seconds or until brown. Flip to toast on the other side and transfer to a plate.
- In the same pan, add a small bit of oil and fry the halloumi for about 30 seconds on each side until golden.
- To the hummus, add lemon juice and garlic.
- To assemble: Spread the hummus on the toasted bread, then top with peppers, onion, and haloumi, adding the chicken last. Add a dash of pepper and salt, and top with a slide of toasted bread. Serve with side salad.