November 22, 2021
Eric Matthews' Spiced Rosti with Fried Egg
- 1 Turnip
- 1 Leek
- 2 Potatoes
- 1 carrot
- 1 red pepper
- 1 Egg
- 1 Garlic bulb
- Brie Cheese
- Mixed herbs, chilli flakes, cumin, salt and pepper
- Grate 2 potatoes into a bowl and add grated leek, carrot, garlic and peppers
- Season the mixture with chilli flakes, cumin, salt and pepper
- Put 3-4 tablespoons of butter in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Once melted, add potato mixture into the centre and flatten it out with a spatula, pressing down gently
- Cook for 8-10 minutes on each side, and turn carefully halfway through.
- Once deep golden-brown on both sides, layer a small amount of brie one one side and allow to gently melt.
- Fry one egg in a pan for 3-4 minutes, then remove
- Place spiced rosti with brie side down on a plate and top it with the fried egg and serve.