Transport Manager at FoodCloud
FoodCloud has a vision for a world where no good food goes to waste and the only thing bigger than our vision is our drive – we are an organisation of doers that are driven by kindness, fairness and a desire to help people and the planet. Covid-19 has led to a dramatic increase in the need for food provision and FoodCloud is focused on meeting this growing need in communities across Ireland.
Would you like to join an organisation that is passionate about tackling food waste and increasing social inclusion in communities across Ireland and internationally?
Are you an experienced transport manager who would like to work for one of Ireland’s fastest growing social enterprises? If this sounds like you, we have the ideal role here at FoodCloud.
About the Job
- This role will be focused on managing our transport operations which includes 8 in-house medium sized Opel Movano refrigerated vans, 7 Iveco vans with fridge and freezer compartments and contracting 3PL across ambient, chilled and frozen food products to ensure that we can collect and distribute food efficiently and effectively across Ireland.
- You will have responsibility for all transport planning, including annual budgets, transport / delivery fees, weekly and monthly reporting and continuous improvement on an ongoing basis.
- You will oversee day-to-day vehicle management, route planning for collections to and deliveries from our 3 hubs (Dublin, Galway and Cork) and inter-hub stock transfers.
- You will ensure that we are fully compliant with all Food Safety and Health and Safety requirements.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Logistics and Transport management.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced and ever changing environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills and ability to work with a wide range of both internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience in the development and implementation of KPI’s and cost control systems.
- Strong attention to detail, commercially astute, analytical and high degree of numeracy.
- IT literate and able to work with Excel, PowerPoint, Fleet Management Systems etc.
- Up to date driving licence with no endorsements.
- The role will be based in our Tallaght Hub and we can also offer flexible working arrangements, such as working from home, in line with role requirements.
- We are very proud of our organisation culture, and our vision, mission and values which you can read more about on our website and on social media channels.
- We are a fast growing organisation with big ambitions – there will be plenty of opportunity to grow and develop professionally in this role through training and experience.
- Salary: €30 – 40k (dependent on experience)
- Pension contribution: matching up to 5% of an employee’s salary.
- Tax Saver, Bike to Work Scheme, discounted gym membership and more.
If this sounds like your ideal role, we would like to hear from you. Please include your CV and cover letter and follow this link to apply now.